Did you know that hemp seeds have an incredible nutrition profile? Hemp seeds are the seed of the hemp plant. Consuming hemp seeds are completely safe, healthy 100% legal. They do not produce any psychotropic reaction and are actually a very nutrient dense seed. Read below to find out all the benefits of eating hemp seeds!
1. Great Fatty Acid Profile- Omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids (especially G- Linolenic Acid). Omega 3s and GLA help reduce inflammation in the body. Inflammation is the root of all chronic disease, so it is beneficial to consume many anti-inflammatory foods!
2. High Protein- One serving (3 tablespoons) of hemp seeds has a whopping 10g of protein. Adding hemp seeds to a salad or smoothie is a great way to get a boost of plant sourced protein.
3. Magnesium- Hemp seeds contain 80% of the daily value. Magnesium has been shown to be helpful for muscle contraction, brain health, heart health.
4. Help with Digestion- Hemp seeds are a good source of fiber, which helps keep the GI tract healthy and keep your bowels regular.
5. Minerals- Hemp seeds also contain many minerals including calcium, phosphorus, zinc, iron and magnesium.
6. Nutty Flavor- Hemp seeds can be bought in the shell or de-shelled. They have a rich nutty flavor as well.
7. Superfood- Hemp seeds are a nutritional powerhouse and can be a great way to get in a plan source of protein, or a boost in nutrients!